Loomis and Dehning Qualify for NJAS Science Fair

         Chanley Placed 1st and Kenley placed 2nd at our School Science Fair, qualified to compete at the Nebraska Junior Academy of Science Panhandle Regionals. The 2023 Regionals were held in Scottsbluff on March 7th. They had a full day at the Harms Advanced Technology Center on the Western Nebraska Community College campus, getting judged, learning about fossils, and looking through a virtual reality headset. They also got Domino's Pizza for Lunch!

Chanley placed 3rd and Kenley placed 6th at Regional Science Fair now get to go to the Nebraska Junior Academy of Science State Science Fair in Lincoln on April 20th. 

Chanley says, “My project was… Do Water Balloons Bounce? I learned that the brand affects if the water balloon bounces or pops. I ended up placing 1st at our School Science Fair and 3rd out of 32 contestants at our Regional Science Fair. I can’t wait to continue on to Lincoln for the State Science Fair on April 20th!”

Kenley says, “I explored the question … Which manure grows corn the best. I discovered many challenges when testing this project, such as fungus growing on my plants. I placed 6th out of over 30 contestants at regionals. Now onto State!” 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Junior Livestock Evaluation Team Qualifies for State

GC FFA Results from the 96th Nebraska FFA Convention

Garden County FFA Competes at District 12 FFA Career Development Events at Gordon